Oct 2, 2015

31 days of Reflection Day 2 " Background"

Hi, I want to tell you some background about myself and what is going on in my life right now so that future blogs will make sense. First, I have been Married 28 years to James, the love of my life. We have 5 Children 4 of them adult children and one still in our homeschool. We have been home educating for 24 years. We have 4 grandchildren. I grew up In NM and my parents still live there. I moved away 25 years ago and now live in Blythewood, SC which is right out side of Columbia, SC.

 In the beginning of September I flew out to NM with my youngest son William. We are taking care of my parents while they recuperate from surgeries. My husband and I have never been apart for longer than 2 weeks so it has been a challenge. I Know that I am not being held captive and I volunteered to come here. Nevertheless the schedule is demanding taking care of both of them and homeschooling my 11th grader and getting my 13 yo niece (whom lives with my parents) to school everyday. I am homesick and and want to be home with my family. 

The verses below encourage me."I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. When you look for me, you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the LORD. I will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I've scattered you, declares the LORD. I will bring you back from the place where you are being held captive."  (Jeremiah 29:11-14 GW)

No comments: