Oct 3, 2015

31 Days of Reflection Day 3 " She Doesn't Know Him"

Behold what manner of love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God. Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
(1 John 3:1 MKJV)

While caring for my father and mother in NM has been a challenge, God is teaching me through it all.  There have been times when I have been frustrated and impatient. God is faithful to remind me that I need to have patience and love the way He loves. One day in particular I became very upset with my Mom.  When I went in to care for my Dad (whom recently accepted the Lord as Savior),  he grabbed my arm and in tears said, " She doesn't  know Him.  Maybe she will know Him soon." I  Immediately was pierced in my heart for my attitude towards her.   She needs unconditional love from me not condemnation.

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given us an understanding so that we may know Him who is true. And we are in Him that is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and the everlasting life.
(1 John 5:20 MKJV)


No comments: