Oct 13, 2014

Day 13 Biblical Womanhood " How To Keep Our Way Pure Part 2"

I thought we could explore this more closely, so we are going to look at just two verses at a time. This section Psalm 119:9-16 is a prayer to God by the Psalmist. 

" How can a young man keep his behavior pure? By guarding it in accordance with your word. I have sought you with all of my heart; do not let me drift away from your commands." 

(Psalms 119:9-10)

 Verse 9 "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word."
 By looking to God’s Word, and guiding ourselves so that, we may "cleanse our way"—not otherwise.

Verse 10 I seek you with all my heart; 
 "If from there you will seek the LORD your God, then you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and soul."(Deuteronomy 4:29)

do not let me stray from your commands. The Psalmist prays for help not to stray.


i.e. "let me not accidentally and through ignorance stray from the right path."1

1 The Treasury of David by Charles Haddon Spurgeon 


See you tomorrow

No comments: