Oct 28, 2017

Day Twenty-eight

 Christ's Friendship: Its Intimacy

No Longer Do I Call You Servants; for the Servant Knows Not What His Lord Does: But I Have Called You Friends; for All Things That I Heard From My Father, I Have Made Known Unto You - John 15:15
The highest proof of true friendship, and one great source of its blessedness, is the intimacy that holds nothing back, and admits the friend to share our inmost secrets. It is a blessed thing to be Christ’s servant; His redeemed ones delight to call themselves His slaves. Christ had often spoken of the disciples as His servants. In His great love our Lord now says: "No longer do I call you servants"; with the coming of the Holy Spirit a new era was to be inaugurated. "The servant knows not what his Lord does" - he has to obey without being consulted or admitted into the secret of all his master’s plans. "But, I have called you friends, for all things I heard from my Father I have made known unto you." Christ’s friends share with Him in all the secrets the Father has entrusted to Him.~~ Andrew Murray

No comments: