Oct 9, 2017

Day Nine

Today I was on the front porch enjoying the end of the day for a few moments and I felt a sting on my foot. I looked down and found a long line of fire ants making their way across the porch. I just wanted to relax and I was mad at this stinging inconvenience of the little pest.
 The sting really burns and hurts for a good while. I was not near their mound. I realized then sometimes we have little or  big inconveniences in life. How do we respond? With grumbling or with grace?

Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
(Philippians 2:14-16 ESV)

No comments: